Monday, January 22, 2007

Back to Routine

Today the kids are back in daycare/preschool. For the first time in many months I am in an empty and quiet house. I am still finding my routine!

There are so many things I need to catch up on. How did I spend the first hours? I cooked myself bacon and egg for breakfast. Then I picked up a fun fur scarf I started last winter and finally finished it off. Heheh. After that I made a pair of ear rings. I have so many new beads that I don't know where to begin!

What about my sewing? I bought a few pieces of material last fall and I am actually eager to start sewing. I received praise for the dresses I made last year and while I was in Miri actually made two identical dresses - one for myself and another for my friend, Esther. Actually my good friend Kheng Hua, who is an accomplished seamstress, helped me with the two dresses.

And then there's the quilting. One of my regular clients dropped off three quilts a few days ago. I have to get back to quilting but my studio is too cold right now. There are also a few other things I need to get for my quilting machine before I can actually start. The canvases on the three rollers need replacing, and I have actually bought one of them. I still need to order two more pieces of canvas, though.

For now, I will savor the quietness and read blogs on the internet, and read a book. :-)


  1. Doris,
    Glad that u are back to the normal routine.
    I am so sorry that I did not contact you.
    My mom was very sick and I thought it would be best to stay put at home.
    I stopped over at K.L, took the next flight back to Kuching and stayed in Kuching the whole time.
    It was a good time home and of course sad to say bye to my parents and family.
    Hope in the future we can meet.
    Cheers !

  2. By the way, your new hair style and color looks very nice !

  3. Thanks Jamy, about the hair! :-)

    I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I hope her health has improved. My father was sick too when I was in Miri. He was hospitalized for 5 days. I was happy, though, that he was much, much better by the time I left. He was able to drive himself to church and to his medical appointments by then.

    Maybe I'll see you in Florida this year!


Thanks for leaving a comment. Your comment is very much appreciated! :-)